According to the Postal Service, they continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 across the United States and the following information is provided to assist managers and supervisors to communicate with employees.
The memorandum an Updated Supervisor and Management Guidance is avaialble here. (pdf)
Key Facts to Emphasize:
1) While there is still much to learn about the unfolding situation involving the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low for the general American public
2) If you have employees exhibiting these symptoms: fever, cough, and shortness of breath, provide them with a surgical mask and require them to go home and seek medical attention. Then, inform the District Occupational Health Nurse Administrator (OHNA) immediately.
3) The best preventive strategies against COVID-19 to communicate:
4) Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
5) Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
6) Avoid being exposed through close contact with people who are sick.
7) Stay home when you are sick.